Squawk Radio

Friday, April 22, 2005

Elizabeth on blogging, covers, squawking and, oh, yeah, hello

Talk about covers? I'm still trying to get over Terri calling herself "shy." But speaking for myself, my most recent book in print has a man's shirt and car on it. The one before that had something that looked suspiciously like bullet holes. Before that, it was a necktie, a man's sneaker, a golf ball and some boxer shorts. Can I conclude then that the goal for my covers in the past has been to drive female readers away? (Parnoid? Moi? In this business? Surely you jest.) But that's okay. I'm with a new publisher now. And my first cover for them has... Hmm. Well, actually, it's a computer mouse. Also not the most feminine accoutrement in the world. But the cord is wound into a little heart shape. And the background is lavender. And it's damned cute, too. Really. It is. Honest.

And Christina is right. We run the gamut of the female experience in our little group. We talk about all the most important stuff (in addition to our periods, I mean). Chocolate. Russell Crowe. La Perla bras. Carpet swatches. Chocolate. Oh, and also social inequity and equal pay for equal work. We talk about stuff like that ALL the time. Really. We do. Honest.

And publishing. Can't forget publishing. It is, after all, what brought us all together.

Elizabeth Bevarly
Elizabeth Bevarly, 1:09 PM
0 comments