Squawk Radio

Friday, April 22, 2005

ELOISA: On Blogging & Covers

I think of blogging as an extension of our curious relationship to the world of publishing: we create the books that people want to read and then spend a huge amount of time negotiating the path between our computer and a bookstore. A blog (i.e., information sharing) could be a crucial instrument in the fight to succeed in this business. Or it could just be a place to share gossip. But I would prefer to see this as a place to put six best-selling minds to work on analyzing the book business.

So...on the information-sharing front, has anyone noticed that every book out there has a pair of shoes on the cover? I'm talking women's fiction now, not romance. Romances seem to be going heavily into real estate. I'm assuming that since we write women's fiction, art departments must want to put desirable objects on the cover. Does this mean that shoes are now the focus of women's buying sprees? I myself seem to be putting all my money into good bras (LaPerla--there's nothing better).

Anyone seen any terrific covers lately?

Eloisa
Eloisa James, 12:13 PM
0 comments