Squawk Radio

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Connie bids you all adieu, adieu, adieu

I'm heading out for a couple weeks. I have put into effect a contingency plan should the need arise. Hopefully Certain People will behave themselves. But if She doesn't, there will be consequences. My only regret is that I won't be here to poke at Geralyn. You all do it for me.

So, in the interest of getting one in before I go away, one quick Geralyn story.

For years and years Christina and I have pronounced Geralyn "Ger a lyn' " accent on the lyn. We had no idea we were mispronouncing it (and there is still some question as to whether or not we were) About two years ago, our little Aggie got all ripped up (aka blotto) and decided to put us straight. So when Christina and I wandered into a bar, spotted her and greeted her with the usual, "Hi, Geralyn" she EXPLODED. She wheeled around, leapt atop a chair ( thus stunning Christina and I into reverent silence-- we had no idea she had such mighty springs in them gams!) and shouted, "It's GER a lyn! GER a lyn ~ For gawd's sake, ya'll've known me TEN F&*^ING YEARS! GET IT RIGHT. It rhymes with MARILYN. GERALYN!"

Have fun while I'm gone, GeraLYN!
Connie Brockway, 10:05 PM
18 comments