Squawk Radio

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Eloisa: off to sign books with Nora!

Goodbye, everyone!

I'm off to the Harpers Ferry conference (which, incidentally, includes a signing with Nora Roberts, Jennifer Crusie, Lisa Kleypas and loads of other terrific authors). I have packed my Armani jacket and my new makeup. I have my talk (Sex and the Art of the Double Life). I have lots of business cards, sign-up cards, Squawk Radio cards, postcards...you name it.

Plus I have my manuscript so that I can write a brilliant, incisive and heart-wrenching end in the train. I have someone else's manuscript to review for an academic press (I finished it, but this book is unpublishable--it's hard to write that kind of ms review). I have an article called "The Controversy Between the Puritans and the Stage" that I need to read for the academic book I'm working on. And I have the crossword puzzle that was just made for the Eloisa James site (covering the Duchess in Love books). I've been trying to solve it and I can't, so I finally had to ask for the solution (shame, shame).

See you soon, Lisa! And the rest of you Squawkers and Friends, drink some champagne for us, because we'll be toasting you!
Eloisa James, 8:59 AM
10 comments