Squawk Radio

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Eloisa on Dirty Words and Great Books

I have a page up on my website called "Pillow Talk," which is basically me talking about books. I did Connie's MY SURRENDER last month and those of you who haven't read my inside scoop probably don't know that she named all the secondary characters after her friends from college. The fact that she dedicated the book to the Buckhorn Beirgardeners should tell you just how seriously CB took her college studies! (Buckhorn is about the worst beer on the planet). Anyway, do check out my current Pillow Talk (http://www.eloisajames.com/pillow.html), because I did a terrific book called IT'S MY PLEASURE: A REVOLUTIONARY PLAN TO FREE YOURSELF FROM GUILT AND CREATE THE LIFE YOU WANT.

Honestly, I'm not the self-help type. If I ever get too desperate, I'm going to have to pay someone to create a new life for myself (probably from the confines of padded cell). But forget the self-help stuff: this is an incredibly funny book, full of cool lists and bios of important women like Lucille Ball. The moment I read this list I knew that I had to post it on the blog--this is a Made for Squawkers List.

WORDS THAT SOUND DIRTY THAT AREN'T

dictum
volvo
kumquat
asinine
crotchety
cocktail
uranus
penal
angina
tampa
bangkok
ramification

Besides providing invaluable lists like this, a lot of the book is about how women should read romances proudly - surely a Squawker's Credo! Can anyone think of more words to add to the list?
Eloisa James, 9:21 PM
11 comments