Squawk Radio

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Eloisa makes a foray into the world of Pop Culture!


Sex in the City cover
Originally uploaded by
eloisajames.

I was poking around in a bookstore yesterday and came across this book. Since I never managed to see the program (except for two episodes on DVD with Connie), but my books are constantly compared to the show, I decided to buy a primer.

I flipped through it last night and learned all kinds of important things, some of which may show up in my future books (although most of the words used by Samantha cannot be used in Regencies!):

from Charlotte: "If you don't have sex for a year, you can actually become revirginized." Who knew? And who liked virginity enough to want to repeat it annually?

from Miranda: "Reasonable doubt in a courtroom gets you off for murder. In an engagement, it makes you feel like a bad person."

from Samantha: on premarital sex: "Before you buy the car, you should take it for a test drive."
I like the contrast to my grandmother's "milk for free" analogy!

And finally, from Carrie, an important question: "What if Prince Charming had never showed up? Would Snow White have slept in that glass coffin forever? Or would she have eventually woken up, spit out the apple, gotten a job, a health-care package, and a baby from her local neighborhood sperm bank?" Answer from Eloisa: Yes!

Anybody remember any great lines or moments from the show you want to share?


Eloisa James, 9:21 AM
17 comments