Squawk Radio

Thursday, June 16, 2005


TERESA REVEALS WHAT'S HANGING OVER HER COMPUTER

One of the questions I get most often is "Do you have a specific actor in mind to portray your hero when you're writing?" I have to say that I frequently do start out with a specific actor in mind, but the more I write, the more that hero seems to take on his OWN appearance and identity. Having a special pic (like the one with Adrian Paul in a kilt for CHARMING THE PRINCE) puts me in the "right" mood to write about the "right" man. But I never like to impose those images on my readers because I feel like each reader should picture the hero exactly as SHE wants to picture him.

I had just started work on the sequel to AFTER MIDNIGHT when I went to the beauty shop and found this pic in a magazine. Needless to say, there was a magazine missing a page after I left ;) He was the perfect model for Julian Kane, the dark and dangerous younger brother of my hero in AFTER MIDNIGHT. I can't tell you too much about Julian right now because it might spoil some of the "secrets" in MIDNIGHT but I can tell you that a picture is worth a thousand words!




Teresa Medeiros, 12:31 PM
14 comments