Squawk Radio

Monday, July 25, 2005

Elizabeth Says Adieu

Okay. I am manicured, pedicured, buffed and shined. My bangs are trimmed, and I have hair product. I also have more shoes than I know what to do with. And cocktail attire. I have cocktail attire. My bags are packed, my promo materials are in order, and I have my alarm set for an ungodly hour. I also have a pint of Johnnie Walker Black, and I'm not afraid to use it.

In short, I am ready for National in Reno.

My flight leaves at 7:00 a.m., which is roughly eight hours away. I am in no way sleepy, but will toddle off to bed soon for a bracing four hour nap. I will arrive in Reno before noon local time, with circles under my eyes and in no way coherent. Business as usual in other words. Man, I can't wait.

I apologize for falling down on the job and not posting a music blog yesterday. One word, people: Salsa. Try some Cubanismo or Ruben Blades or Celia Cruz. It's been too !@#$%ing hot here to listen to anything else. I've just spent the last three days running around crazed trying to find ensembles that match--and fit--and, in case I haven't mentioned it, shoes. And lots of 'em.

I know the blog's gonna be kinda quiet this week, but I promise if you guys tune in next week, you'll get more than your fair share of gossip and such. Between the four of us attending, we're sure to get good poop. Not to mention Kitty and poop go hand in hand, so that's worth something.

Be good while we're gone, folks! Squawk at you later!
Elizabeth Bevarly, 11:02 PM
3 comments