Squawk Radio

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Julia Quinn on Favorite Novels

People asked me below if I have found that any one of my novels is a clear reader favorite. Actually, I did do a poll a couple of years ago, and while some books did seem more popular than others, there was no clear winner or loser. As an author, I found it rather comforting.

I think it would be difficult to have one book everyone holds up as your masterpiece. I certainly hear feedback from readers who say things like, "The new book is nowhere near as good as this other one," but thankfully, this is balanced out by readers who say, "The best yet!"

Any author who values her sanity must eventually accept that with every book, someone will think it's a stinker. And hopefully, someone else will decide it's her favorite.

With that in mind, here are my favorite squawker books:

Elizabeth Bevarly: Her Man Friday
Connie Brockway: As You Desire
Christina Dodd: "The Bed is Unmade" in Once Upon a Pillow
Eloisa James: Much Ado About You
Lisa Kleypas: Dreaming of You
Teresa Medeiros: One Night of Scandal

Happy Reading!

Julie Q.
Anonymous, 1:47 PM
14 comments