Squawk Radio

Saturday, July 16, 2005

KITTY KUTTLESTONE'S LAST QUESTIONS FOR JULIA QUINN


KITTY:
Julie babes, I hear you been around alot. So have I, though I'm thinkin' not the same places (and a big shout out to the Motor City! YOU ROCK, DETROIT!) What's your favorite city?

JULIA:
Barcelona. But I've never been. I desperately want to go. Unfortunately,unlike SOME squawkers, I don't get to go to fun professorial conferences there.

KITTY:
Okay, say you could change places with any writer in the world, who would it be, and don't say "Kitty Kuttlestone," it will only embarrass us both.

JULIA:
Definitely not
one who's dead, that's for sure.

KITTY:
What's your favorite TV show? and pleez, none of that Bill Moyer crap, we get enough of that from ole Eloisa "You're kidding! There's such a thing as colored TV?!" James.

JULIA:
Lemme see, on my season pass manager on Tivo I've got: Lost, House, ER, TheWest Wing, Will & Grace, Arrested Development, Nova (sorry, Kitty), Queer Eye, the Apprentice, Airline, The Simpsons, Scrubs, and probably a bunch of other stuff I've forgotten about because they're all off for the summer.

We also have Monster House, Monster Garage, Junkyard Wars, super-mega Junkyard Wars, andDirty Jobs, but those are mostly for Paul. ('Cept Dirty Jobs. I can'tquite resist it.)

KITTY:
Ever wanted to dance naked in the Trevi Fountain? Ask Brockaway about it.

JULIA:
Okay. I'm asking. (Connie Brockway here politely offers her opinion that when that story become public monkeys will fly out of a particular orifice of hers)

Was it a pas de deux with Eloisa?

KITTY:
I just got handed this piece of paper saying IT'S IN HIS KISS is number NINE on the New York Times best-seller list this week. Let's face it, kid, you have arrived! So what's next? What goals have you got for yourself?

JULIA:
Maybe that trip to Barcelona? I dunno. Keep writing, I guess. Keep doing it well. Don't let fear stop me from trying something new. Learn to enjoy the moment as much as the end. Maybe I'll finally learn how to turn a cartwheel. That would be pretty freaking awesome.

KITTY: Well, my goal is to polish off this bottle of Cherry Herring before lunch and as everyone knows, you shouldn't ever oughta put off a good goal. Keep writing those betsellers, Julie. You ain't too bad for a kid who went to Harvard. Ciao!
Connie Brockway, 11:58 PM
8 comments