Squawk Radio

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Liz Rises to Manuelita's Challenge Below, Before Terri Has a Chance To


MyMisspentYouth
Originally uploaded by EliBev.
'Cause Terri has a copy of this pic, too. This is as big as anyone will ever see my hair (and this was 1979). On account of, save a single unfortunate year in New Jersey when I discovered the hard way that my hair does NOT perm, and another unfortunate year in DC when the summer heat got to me and I had it all whacked off, I've had the same hairstyle, in varying lengths, my entire life.

Oh, the bangs may have been shorter or longer (or crookeder when I trimmed them myself--and I don't know who the hell I thought I was kidding when I did that), but it never varied from straight with bangs. I may have tried a side part when I was feeling especially wild, but the bangs were still there. I may have even pulled them back from time to time (like when I felt a burning desire to play Magenta--that's me on the far right, in case you didn't figure it out), but they were still very much present.

So there you have it. The history of my hair. This photo, alas, portrays the only highlight. ('Cause my hair doesn't even highlight well.)
Elizabeth Bevarly, 4:04 PM
17 comments