Squawk Radio

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Liz Tries to Choose a Weekend Read

Okay, I'm ready to dive into a new book this evening, but I am overcome by the choices sitting in the stacks on my nightstand, the side table in the family room, the side table in the living room and the office futon. (Oh, come on. Like this has never happened to any of you.) So what do I choose? I've narrowed it down to Romance (yeah, that was a real stretch), but I can't pick one just one. Lessee what we have sitting on the top of each stack in each room. That should narrow it down...

Catherine Mann's CODE OF HONOR in the bedroom
Susan Elizabeth Phillips's MATCH ME IF YOU CAN in the family room
Pat Barr's JADE in the living room
Lindsay McKenna's ENEMY MINE in the office

The first is a military romance, and Catherine Mann is an EXcellent writer. The second is, well, SEP. Say no more. The third is a recent find at the new/used store, a 25-year-old epic historical romance of 692 pages where the heroine starts off in England, then becomes a concubine in China, and then has to find her way back to England. The last is a jungle romance (a real personal fave, and I've always loved Lindsay McKenna's books). Honestly, I think I'm leaning toward the 25-year-old epic right now. Been a while since I've read one, and it could be great fun.

Decisions, decisions...

So what's everyone else reading this weekend? What are you going to dive into next? Got any good recommendations?
Elizabeth Bevarly, 12:12 PM
55 comments