Squawk Radio

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Connie expresses her doubts about The New Fall Lineup

MY husband left me. Not for good. Just for a week during which he and the other silver-back males will traipse through the northern woods huntin' and fishin' and jawin' about all sorts of disgusting bodily functions. 'Nuff said, except more power to the little beetle-browed darling. ( He doesn't really have a beetle-brow, I just *see* him as having a beetle-brow.) He will return triumphant, once more assured of his status as "Jack London Couldabeen."

Anyway, while he's been gone I have been watching the ti-voed premieres of the various new network offerings. I have been actually looking forward to doing so because so many of the new shows are Science Fiction or Supernatural and I kinda like that stuff. Susie Kay Law did mention my predilection for teenage boy fare in my movies? I'd like to qualify that: SMART teenage boy fare and, as of yet, I haven't seen anything that qualifies as SMART amongst the new Science Fiction and/or Fantasy shows.

SURFACE? Don't look beneath it, cause there's nothing there. INVASION-- yeah, maybe of the Sandmen. The thing put me to sleep in 20 minutes. NIGHT STALKER? Try Fright Caulker, cause there are no chill in this thing. And SUPERNATURAL was SuperBanal.

Granted, my opinions are based solely on the premieres, but the state of the new fall line-up makes me sad. I really enjoy LOST, you see, and I was looking forward to something else, something intriguing with tons of meaty characters and interactions and mystery and drama and piquant weirdness, to add to my Tivo Season Pass Manager. Right now, LOST sits alone.

So, tell me, is there anything out there of this ilk you're watching and liking? Should I give any of the aforementioned shows a second look? Which ones and why? Give me some hope here, people. Otherwise I'll just have to read.
Connie Brockway, 10:16 PM
30 comments