Squawk Radio

Monday, October 10, 2005

Eloisa returns covered with feathers!


Chickens Galore!
I just wanted to show everyone the lovely gifts that I went home with after the booksigning. I've been Squawkified! Some of the most generous, friendly women in the world showed up at the booksigning and showered chickens on my head.

Number One among these was Elsie, who doesn't comment on the blog all that much, but now I know she's there. How? Well, Elsie read my worried blog before leaving for the conference, so she showed up with chickens, chicken pens (that said CHICKS RULE!) that I could give to readers, chocolate kisses and a plate to put them in, and Squawk Radio buttons I could give away as well. I almost started crying right there and I would have, except that readers were standing in line trying to get all those give-aways I suddenly had.

I think Lisa and I both came home glowing with the feeling of being part of a squawker community. We're thinking of having little squawker parties before booksignings! Wouldn't that be fun?

Would you come early to a booksigning if there was going to be a little squawker gathering? No need to bring chickens!! What kind of thing makes you get out for a booksigning?
Eloisa James, 10:19 PM
41 comments