Squawk Radio

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Her first book, THE IRISH GYPSY (oh, yes. I remember it well...!) was published in 1982. Since then she has had four books on the NYT's top 15 list and EVERY SINGLE ONE SINCE SEDUCED have made others the extended list. She's written 20 full length novels and three novellas. She's hip, she's cool, she's the inimitable, the delicious, THE Virgin Queen...

VIRGINIA HENLEY!

I have had the pleasure (and I do mean pleasure) of knowing Virginia since we both worked for Dell. My first impression? Small, except for her amazing writing talent, her fabulous story telling ability, and her appetite for living large. (Oh, and the rocks on her fingers, toes, ears, around her throat, wrists, ankles, woven through her hair, clothing, purse handles and anywhere else she can strap ‘em...)

My second impression? I don’t remember. All I know is that over the years and without exception, as well as being an amazing author, she is has time and again proven she is one of the most loving, ribald, sane, witty, generous women I know.

(Even Kitty is a little awed...)
Connie Brockway, 9:43 AM
9 comments