Squawk Radio

Monday, January 02, 2006

Eloisa Thinks About Blogs


Did anyone else discover this book? I have been hugely enjoying it for the last few weeks. Basically, Julie Powell decided to cook all the recipes in Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking in one year. ALL of them! And she blogged about it. And then she turned the blogs into a book.

I'm about to post a review of the book on the PillowTalk part of my website, so I'll spare you all the details, but let me say that any woman who puts on a matched bra and panties, and then waltzes into the kitchen where her husband is doing the dishes -- and slinks out feeling like "liver in aspic" is a friend of mine.

The thing that fascinated me about the cook-all-of-Julia-Child project is that she BLOGGED about it. Someone on the radio the other day was saying at 24% of young girls have started an on-line blog at some point. Of course, here we are, squawking away. But I didn't know that blogs existed to chronicle projects.

What's the craziest blog project any of you know about? Connie says she knew about the Julie Child blog (and she didn't tell me...grrrr). Anyone know of any great projects or great blogs out there that we ought to be visiting?

I've got one:

http://otilius.blogspot.com


This guy is blogging one picture of New York city every day. That sounds like a fairly boring project -- except that his pictures are simply amazing. I find myself checking his blog every day. It's a peaceful blog, because there's no compulsion to comment, only to admire.

SO WHAT DO YOU CHECK EVERY DAY (other than Squawk, of course!). What blog -- or Blog Project -- is going to be the Next Big Thing, the next Julie and Julia, the next Bestseller?


Eloisa James, 9:44 PM
41 comments