Squawk Radio

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Eloisa's Dreamin' of Harry


There's been a little flurry of information about J.K. Rowling lately, based on an interview she gave to a newspaper. A friend told me that J.K.'s mother had just died when she designed all of the Harry Potter books (as a writer that task is so phenominally unimaginable that I'm stunned).

But, as a writer, here's my question. She has one book left. How many mysterious questions are really just red herrings that will never be answered, and how many will be wrapped up on the final book?

For example (and I'm sure everyone has noticed more, but this is what's coming to mind for me):

Hermione's cat. There's something strange about that cat.

Aunt Petunia. Is there something magical about her as well, something that would blow open the whole "Muggle" sister set-up?


Isn't something going to happen with Luna? I thought she was set up to be more than just a minor hanger-on.

Neville. obviously.

WHO'S GOT SOME OTHER MYSTERIES THAT I'M FORGETTING?
Eloisa James, 8:53 PM
29 comments