Squawk Radio

Sunday, February 05, 2006

By now you guys know me well enough to understand that I don't watch TV. I just can't. Pretty much everything on there bores me to tears, except ER, and there I just go straight to the tears, so I gave it up (how many children can they kill off in a year, anyway?).

But I was thinking about the popularity of Charles Dickens and Wilkie Collins. Their books were published in monthly magazines -- and apparently people went crazy waiting for the next installment of A Christmas Carol or The Woman in White. Obviously, the nearest comparison we have is television.

So what show makes you absolutely desperate to see what happens next? I don't mean reality shows about people on deserts or dancing in competitions -- I mean shows that have continuing plots. And, more importantly, what is it about that particular show, about its plot, that makes you desperate?
Eloisa James, 9:23 AM
75 comments