Squawk Radio

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

THE SQUAWKERS WANT TO KNOW . . . WHAT'S YOUR FANCY?


Eloisa here...

TO WISH YOU A HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY AND ANNOUNCE SQUAWK RADIO'S FIRST ANNUAL VALENTINE'S DAY CONTEST!

Yesterday, my husband left for Florence. Now, he's from Florence, so this is no big surprise. His mom is there and more to the point, Rutgers University is sending him over there to check out their Study Abroad program, which they do periodically. The taxi was waiting (OK, not blowing his horn, but there he was), when Alessandro got a confused look on his face. That would be in response to what I had just said.

"Goodbye, sweetheart. I love you. I have a Valentine's present for you and I'll give it to you when you come back, OK?"

"Yes!" he shouts, feeling for the door knob. "I'll...I'll find something over there for you!"

So I should be all depressed, right? Here it is Valentine's Day, and my house is turning into kid-central. My sister's children, one of my friend's children...I'm the clearing house for children whose parents are going out to dinner.

Am I going to be depressed? NO! Should you be depressed if you, like moi, am going to be watching the Olympics tonight? NO!

Valentine's is like any other holiday--what you make of it. Here's what I'm thinking to myself: "Who loves you, baby?"

The answers are various, but the truth is, for all of us, MOI comes in high on the list. SO...here's the Squawker Question of the Week. Right in the middle of our "Relationship Week," let's talk about nourishing one of the most important persons in your life. The one who's always there for you (ha). The one who is always at your back (ha).

Take an imaginary $200. There's no one and nothing in the world that you need to spend that $200 on, but...YOURSELF. Your own, gorgeous, delicious, filled-with-love Valentine's present (or presents)....

SO WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO BUY FOR YOU?

THE BEST SELECTION WILL BE CHOSEN AT THE END OF THE WEEK AND THE WINNER WILL RECEIVE AN AUTOGRAPHED BOOK FROM EACH OF THE SQUAWKERS!!!


Eloisa James, 6:51 AM
78 comments