Squawk Radio

Friday, May 19, 2006

Lisa has the top ten!


Dear friends,

I have had the best time looking over all your name suggestions! Thank you for your wonderful imaginative responses--some of these are definitely names I would never have thought of. And a character who promises to be unique should definitely have a special name. It was difficult to narrow the list down, keeping in mind the spirit of the character, the names of other characters already in the book, and past names I’ve used. But I finally have a top ten, and I’m asking for your help once again . . . please vote in the comments section for your favorite out of these ten! One vote per visitor please. I was going to pick it myself, but I would have infinitely more fun if you would do it for me!

Just a brief description of the character:

--She is a Victorian girl, and at age fifteen she is the youngest of five siblings.
--She is smart, affectionate and effervescent
--She loves animals and carries a small pet lizard in her pocket
--She has a distressing personal problem--she is a kleptomaniac. Whenever she has taken something, she goes to great pains to return it, and is always remorseful.


Here are the final ten :
Beatrix
Phoebe
Ella
April
Rowan
Paisley
Sadie
Clementine
Lulu
Garnet

If you like one of these, please let me know!

A wholehearted thanks from me--

Lisa
Lisa Kleypas, 9:59 AM
99 comments