Monday, May 29, 2006
YOUR FRIENDS AT SQUAWK RADIO BRING YOU TWO DELICIOUS TREATS TO HELP YOU CELEBRATE MEMORIAL DAY!!!
Here's Hugh Jackman as the hunky Wolverine in X-MEN 3: THE FINAL STAND!
And here's a lovely, moist, and so light it practically floats summer recipe:
STRAWBERRY JELLO POKE CAKE
1 pkg. white cake mix
1 cup boiling water
1 pkg. (4 serving size) Jello-O Brand Gelatin (strawberry or your favorite)
1/2 cup cold water
1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip or Cool Whip Free
1) Bake cake per directions in either 13X9 pan or in two round pans if you'd like to make 2 desserts
2) Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes
3) Pierce cake with large fork at 1/2 inch intervals
4) Meanwhile, stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix in small bowl until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water.
5) Carefully pour jello mixture over cake. Refrigerate until cool.
5) Frost with Cool Whip. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve and store leftover cake in refrigerator
TIP: If you make it in 2 round pans, take one to the party and keep one for yourself. Just slice it like a pretty little pie when ready to serve!
(Recipe courtesy of Kraft and Kim Dousette)
Teresa Medeiros, 7:04 AM19 comments