Squawk Radio

Monday, June 12, 2006

ELOISA MEETS FABIO! (AND GREG VAUGHN FROM GENERAL HOSPITAL TOO)

Last week I had the true pleasure of being a celebrity judge for I Can't Believe It's Not Butter's campaign to find a new "King of Romance" to replace Fabio in their commercials. The event took place in Madison Square Park, in New York City -- in the pouring rain -- and it was so much fun! So here's a kind of photo journal of my part in the show, except that I can't post a pic of me with Greg Vaughn (the new King of Romance!), as that was taken by a professional photographer. I'll post it whenever it comes my way. This first photo is me on my way to the event because I wanted to PROVE that there was a moment when my hair was not frizzed by the pouring rain.

Now Fabio had none of these frizzing hair problems. I have to tell you that I was unprepared for Fabio as Fabio. He is really sexy, intelligent and handsome in person. And his hair! Not a frizzy strand in the bunch. One of the other judges was the associate editor for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. There's a woman who knows hair product (given as she has to control the unruly locks of women lounging around the Caribbean in all that heat). She and I agreed that Fabio had excellent hair control.

I don't have any pictures of the actual event (i.e., when the soap opera "hunks" were doing their performances) because, well, I was a judge and I thought it would look unprofessional to squeal and shoot pictures. But I can tell you that all the men were gorgeous and witty. Ricky was definitely the most funny, but Greg had a certain winsome charm that won over the judges.

All in all it was a lot of fun. So here's my question. If you could be a celebrity judge for any national contest, which one would you choose? A reality show? Miss America? The Emmy's?

Eloisa James, 9:09 AM
34 comments