Squawk Radio

Sunday, June 25, 2006

TERESA'S TRENCH COAT LANDSCAPING ADVENTURE

In the "You Show Me Yours; I'll Show You Mine" spirit of the day, this is my landscaping project of the year. It's a petunia (I think). We've lived here for 10 years and I've never stolen my neighbor's garbage before but when I was taking my own garbage to the curb on garbage day, I saw this forlorn petunia sitting on top of her container. Apparently, the poor dear was rootbound and she'd mercifully decided to put it out of its misery. It just looked so pitiful sitting there that I looked both ways, then grabbed it and ran. (And perhaps I should mention that I couldn't find my robe so I was wearing a trench coat over my pajamas at the time.) Although I have a notoriously black thumb, I repotted it and babied it and it's thriving now. But my neighbor is still looking at me suspiciously.

And I have the perfect suggestion for curing all of your landscaping woes--MOVE TO KENTUCKY!!! (Or as my grandmother called it after moving from Arkansas--The Promised Land...)





















Teresa Medeiros, 12:49 PM
7 comments