Squawk Radio

Sunday, July 30, 2006

TERESA REACHES HOME SWEET HOME!

Just got home from the RWA conference after a 5 1/2 hour drive from Atlanta. It's rather lovely to drive alone, isn't it? Especially since you can listen to all of your favorite music on the Ipod plus stop and go to the loo whenever you please. (I counted 8 stops on this trip alone! Of course that's not counting the one to score a frosty Steak 'N Shake chocolate shake at 7 a.m.)




I want to thank our darling Eloisa for keeping the blog alive while we were gone. Of course what she MEANT to say about the RITAS was that it was an honor just to be nominated and that we all wanted to congratulate the wonderful and talented writers who...TOOK HOME ALL OUR FREAKING RITAS!!! Okay, just kidding. They really WERE wonderful and talented and we're not the least bit bitter. (Did I mention that this was my seventh nomination without a single win? Oh, I did? Well, I'm not bitter mind you. It's an honor just to be...oh, never mind!) I'm not sure about Connie but I snapped the candid photo of Eloisa on the left right after the winner in her category was announced.

We'll be sharing lots of Favorite Moments and beaucoups of pics in the coming days so I thought I'd kick it off with the pic at the top of us with hard working and beloved Squawkee Melissa, who orchestrated an official Squawkee lunch for us this year with incredible grace and panache! We also scored lots of amazing new Squawker memorabilia including crocheted chickens from Sarah, gummy chickens, and chocolate chickens from PJ. I had no idea chickens were so versatile! I'd like to show you a picture of the chocolate chickens but well...SOMEBODY ate them. (Probably the same greedy person who gnawed the head off of the chocolate RITA awards they handed out one year as souvenirs.) And here's a link to PJ's fabulous conference photos, many of which strangely enough include me and my fellow Squawkers: http://www.kodakgallery.com/pj/rwa


Welcome back to everyone returning home from the conference and a hearty thank you to all of those who kept the henhouse going while we were gone!!!

Hugs,
Teresa
Teresa Medeiros, 3:02 PM
31 comments