Monday, August 21, 2006
TOP TEN WAYS TO TELL TERESA IS A GEEK
1) Her china cabinet is filled with STAR TREK plates instead of china
2) She can admit she's a William Shatner fan without blushing
3) In the original version of her novel A WHISPER OF ROSES, Morgan MacDonnell was a Klingon
4) She thinks Sean Astin as Samwise Gamgees is a plump little hobbit love muffin
5) One of the Christmas trees in her house is decorated ONLY with talking Star Trek ornaments
6) Instead of seeking therapy for her problems, she lies on the couch and pretends she's talking to Counselor Deanna Troi
7) If she had her very own holodeck, she would spend all of her time re-enacting her favorite romance novels and never come out
8) Her cat is named "Buffy the Mouse Slayer"
9) She owns all 3 seasons of LAND OF THE LOST on DVD and once had imaginary friends named Will and Holly
10) She can't respond to your Comments today because she's flying back from the STAR TREK 40th Anniversary Convention in Las Vegas!
So do we have any other self-professed geeks out there? Are you a closet geek or do your friends suspect your secret identity? And what first converted you to geekdom? Was it STAR TREK? STAR WARS? BUFFY? Or that sexy THING on the cartoon version of THE FANTASTIC FOUR?
Teresa Medeiros, 7:01 AM58 comments