Squawk Radio

Friday, September 08, 2006

My Imagination May Be Working Overtime but Speaking of Tom Cruise...


First, I gotta say I, too, suspect the timing of the Tom apology and Vanity Fair pics are strategic to buffing up Tom's image BUT let's look at the puzzle pieces:

1> Katie Holmes has a baby and goes missing for months.

2> Tom shows up at Brooke Shield's house weepy and remorseful over his public censure of her drug use for PPD.

3> The Walgreen's in Tom's neighborhood is seen delivering a truck load of anti-depressants to the Cruise back door. Later, reporters are told they are "for the maid."


Okay, I made up that last one but as a former sufferer of peri-partum depression (where I *couldn't* take drugs) I see the possibility for a cruel bit of irony here. I know my husband would have had me hooked up to an IV with a 24/7 drip going had it been possible. And actually, it would make me like old Tom better if I thought he had undergone a real change of heart due to empathy rather than act how he thinks the public wants him to in order to improve his box office draw.

What do YOU guys think?
Connie Brockway, 3:37 PM
19 comments